This post is for an in-progress critique. I feel that it is pretty close to complete / resolved. I decided to keep the open space on the lower left panel and write a haiku about the images. Growth of life can be Full of unknown and known Blessings are made clear I used natural brush filters and effects to make the middle and right images look like a painting, and then used my Wacom tablet to hand-paint the background and around the figures. I also used the Wacom tablet to completely draw the Ultrasound image. I used yellow in the middle panel to represent the fear I felt at and right before the birth due to the high-risk pregnancy I had, as well as the emergency c-section delivery. I chose the use of the blue color for the right panel to represent the calm and good health of our present day.
I have illustrated several aspects from Wil Mara's novel, The Gemini Virus (2012), a very graphic and detailed novel about a deadly virus that started in a small American Town, then quickly spread throughout the surrounding cities and states. Because of the amount of disgusting detail in the novel and with the very real Coronavirus pandiemic I thought I'd spare my classmates that amount of gore. I chose images that stuck with me as I read that I think would give the viewer enough information to interest them in possibly reading The Gemini Virus , themselves. So, I guess it's kind of a promo image. I wanted to show part of my process by showing the copyright/royalty-free images I used from Pixabay.com (left side) and the end results of my Photoshop Illustrations (right side).
I decided to work on the illustration for The Gemini Virus, as I didn't get any feedback since my last post and I felt strongly about this story. I looked up hospital rooms on this royalty free image site, Pixabay.com, to set a base for my illustration. Here's the original image: Here's my progress on adjusting the image and creating an illustration:
Comments
Post a Comment