Project 5 In-Progress: New Ideas!

Hey Guys and Gals! After Ed's comment and a conversation we had I think I'm going to work on a few images and lay them out into either a graphic novel panel/page or a promo poster for the novel which would express a few scenes from the story instead of one scene.

Updated Image:
First of all, I added the patient on the hospital bed and have included some reflective light from the monitors. I have also desaturated the red linen cart and blue oxygen tank that are close to the observation window, as those colors were drawing attention away from the patient and the observers at the window.


One thing to note in this scene is that in the book the patient is covered in full-body puss-filled vesicles and blisters. She is described to be covered up to her neck in the hospital blanket, which has wet yellow spots all over from the bursting blisters (I warned ya'll it was graphic). Before going out of her mind the 7-months-pregnant woman tried to cut her baby out in order to save it from also getting infected with the Gemini Virus, but ended up killing her baby. This virus, over time, melts / liquifies all internal organs, so it's hard to keep the wounds dressed properly.

Layout Idea:
I was thinking about working on three images/panels from the same scene in the book as the first one I've been working on for like a graphic novel page or spread.  I was thinking I could also use this basic layout to make a promotional poster with about the defining moments from the novel that would describe the message of the story, overall. 


I was able to recreate the title of the book as it appears on the cover and was shocked to find it was  the Impact font. Instead of using red for the splatters, which would have been harder to read, I used a dark golden color, which is described as the puss that oozes out of the blisters. Gross!


So, what do you guys think I should do? A promotional poster, or a graphic novel page?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4: In-Progress & First Final

Project 5 (Final Project): Progress

Project 5 Final: Gemini Virus Novel Illustrations